Welcome here !

Elodie

Re: Welcome here !

Message par Elodie » Mer Juil 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi David, welcome here ! :D
Thanks for adding me to the Praxinos forum, Elodie .
Oh, don't mention it :) I'm sorry you had so many troubles to register and log in ! But you're finally here, so I'm relieved !

Michael

Message par Michael » Dim Juil 28, 2019 11:27 am

Good to see you here, David!
D. Nethery a écrit :
Mer Juil 24, 2019 1:42 pm
My main interest is in hand drawn character animation , but I do find that I am increasingly having to deal with 3D objects combined with hand drawn , so this is interesting to me .

I believe the tools for 2d and 3d are going to merge, one way or another. (Blender is on it's way with their grease pencil) And it will add so many more tools and possibilities for the artists and animators to explore new styles or work more efficiently.

For storyboarding alone it would be so helpful if we could just quickly add, and explore, a perspective background as guide for the characters, the camera movements and the storytelling. ...To name just one example.
Dernière édition par Michael le Dim Juil 28, 2019 4:04 pm, édité 1 fois.
Michael Sewnarain - Animator / Story Artist /Animation Filmmaker

https://www.michaelsewnarain.com

Michael

Message par Michael » Dim Juil 28, 2019 4:07 pm

(... If we survive the coming Climate-Apocalypse, that is... :| )
Michael Sewnarain - Animator / Story Artist /Animation Filmmaker

https://www.michaelsewnarain.com

Elodie

Message par Elodie » Lun Août 12, 2019 9:20 am

Michael a écrit :
Dim Juil 28, 2019 4:07 pm
(... If we survive the coming Climate-Apocalypse, that is... :| )
Don't mention it, sometimes I feel like "Meeh, I should rather start my own autonomous farm to feed myself, rather than doing animation-related stuff" :roll: :lol:

Then, I remember our existence does not make any sense, we're all gonna die eventually, so let's have fun making a great animation tool before we all get overcooked by the crazy temperatures.

:mrgreen:

mischaub

Message par mischaub » Mar Oct 29, 2019 3:24 pm

Dear Praxinosisti

I write you from Senones dans les Vosges, where we have started our not for profit association "école du VRisme". Have a look at vrisme.fr , what we are setting out to do. We would be very glad about all kinds of VR-cooperation and exchange in the region. Just in case that you need some betatesters for your plug-in... Since one month we play with our new NVIDIA2080TI card, which seems a lovely tool in combination with cinetracer. Plus we are setting up a mobile virtual studio. So much to do, yes indeed!

Kind regards
Mischa

Elodie

Message par Elodie » Mar Oct 29, 2019 3:37 pm

Hey Mischa, thank you for your presentation and for your interest ! :)

I didn't know there was a VR school in Vosges, that's great ! Indeed, it can be interested to let you beta-test ILIAD. At the moment, it is not possible because it is not an independent plugin (we still need to compile it with Unreal Engine through Visual Studio), but everything should be fixed quite soon.

FYI, we'll be doing a livestream through Unreal Engine Twitch account on Thrusday, 7pm our time :

Feel free to join us !

mischaub

Message par mischaub » Mar Oct 29, 2019 3:58 pm

Oh yes, have read about this livestream. Unfortunately I will be walking at this time through the Vosges, in the rain. Are you working with Matt Workman? His cinetracer is such a lovely tool. I will certainly try to catch up with his stream later.

Elodie

Message par Elodie » Mar Oct 29, 2019 4:03 pm

No, we don't, but indeed, he does great things ^^

Don't worry for the livestream, you can watch it later anyway :) Enjoy your walk in the rain ! (Is it actually possible to enjoy a walk in the rain ? 😅)

mischaub

Message par mischaub » Jeu Oct 31, 2019 7:48 am

When you wrote me that you did not know about our existence in your neighborhood, I thought that we should put together a list of VR and UE4 developers in our region. And of course I would love to know more about your setup - are you working together in an agency, or are you rather a loose network?

Répondre